This itinerary is a loop around Monte Brione, the spur of rock which separates Riva del Garda from Torbole and is the unmistakeable profile of Garda Trentino. It is mainly a ride through built up areas, running along cycle paths and back roads which cut across the countryside at the foot of the mountain.
Since the entire route is on the flat, this tour presents no difficulties of any kind and is even suitable for small children as long as you watch out when crossing the roads.
The stretch of the cycle path which links Torbole and Riva del Garda is without doubt one of the most popular with visitors and residents for the marvellous views it affords over Lake Garda. It is particularly busy in the summer season so watch out for the people walking along the cycle path or crossing it to get to the beach.
Rest stopsAgritur Madonna delle Vittorie
Osteria Le Servite
Ristorante Pizzeria Leon D'Oro
Peter Brunel - Ristorante Gourmet
- Give your bike a regular checkup, especially if you've had it for years.
- Be seen: you must wear a high vis jacket (or sash) in tunnels and on country roads after sunset.
- Always wear your helmet.
- Make sure your front and rear lights are working.
- Put out your arm to give advance warning of your intention to change position and before you do anything, check there are no vehicles coming up behind you.
- Don't use headphones or your mobile phone handsfree kit: you need all your concentration on the road!
- Obey the road signs: stop at traffic lights and don't ride on the wrong side of the road.
- If you are cycling in a group, always go in single file.
- You've got a bell: use it to let pedestrians know you're there. Don't ride on footpaths. If you have to then get off and push your bike.
- If there are cycle paths use them. It's your safety that's at stake and the rules of the road say you must.
The cycle pathe in Trentino are usually closed by the local authorities from November, 15th to April, 15th. Exceptions are the cycle paths along the River Adige and in the Basso Sarca/Garda Trentino, where cycling is prohibited only in case of ice or during a snowfall.
Tips and hints
For more information on routes and bike services: rentals, workshops, shops and cycling friendly accommodation - APT Garda Trentino Tel. +39 0464 554444
Getting to northern lake Garda / Garda Trentino
Free parking in Riva del Garda at the old hospital (via Rosmini) and the old cemetery (Viale D. Chiesa).
Pay parking at the Public Gardens Porta Orientale, Roman Baths, Viale Lutti (Ex Agraria), Monte Oro, shopping center Blue Garden.
Author’s map recommendations
- 14 Waypoints
- 14 Waypoints