The Torbole - Sarche cycle path follows the River Sarca upstream, linking the lake shore with the Sarca Valley. For mountain bike lovers, it is the best way to get to the start of the many mtb tours and for all the others it is a lovely itinerary without any hazards.
But watch out, this trail is also very popular with walkers and runners, making it the busiest cycle path in Trentino.
The beauty of the landscape, the mild climate which means the cycle path is open all year round, and the fact that it allows you to get from one town in Garda Trentino to another in total safety are just some of the reasons why you can't afford to miss this trail.
Along the way you can take short detours to visit a number of different attractions, points of interest, producers and restaurants who will win you over with the flavours of the upper lake. It's an excellent way to discover the history and traditions of Garda Trentino!
Rest stopsAgritur Madonna delle Vittorie
Caffè Ristorante Pizzeria Casa Beust
Ristorante Pizzeria La Piccola Dallas
Ristorante La Terrazza
- Give your bike a regular checkup, especially if you've had it for years.
- Be seen: you must wear a high vis jacket (or sash) in tunnels and on country roads after sunset.
- Always wear your helmet.
- Make sure your front and rear lights are working.
- Put out your arm to give advance warning of your intention to change position and before you do anything, check there are no vehicles coming up behind you.
- Don't use headphones or your mobile phone handsfree kit: you need all your concentration on the road!
- Obey the road signs: stop at traffic lights and don't ride on the wrong side of the road.
- If you are cycling in a group, always go in single file.
- You've got a bell: use it to let pedestrians know you're there. Don't ride on footpaths. If you have to then get off and push your bike.
- If there are cycle paths use them. It's your safety that's at stake and the rules of the road say you must.
The cycle pathe in Trentino are usually closed by the local authorities from November, 15th to April, 15th. Exceptions are the cycle paths along the River Adige and in the Basso Sarca/Garda Trentino, where cycling is prohibited only in case of ice or during a snowfall.
The information on this chart is subject to inevitable variations, so this means that none of the indications are absolute. It is not entirely possible to avoid giving inexact or imprecise information, given how quickly environmental and weather conditions can change. For this reason we decline any responsibility for changes which the user may encounter. In any case, the hiker is advised to check the conditions of the places, environment and weather before setting out.
Tips and hints
- To the north of Dro, the cycle path cross the Marocche. Partly a protected area, the Marocche is the largest post-glacial landslide in the entire Alps: an impressive mass of rocky material which makes the area look like a moonscape and where you will find plants and animals which have adapted to the arid environment.
- The entire course of the River Sarca constitutes the Sarca River Park, a long waterway which runs down from the Adamello glaciers to Lake Garda. An alternative park which can be explored almost entirely on foot or by bike, there are signposted trails with information panels about the natural surroundings, history and culture of the area. In summer, don't forget your swimsuit. There are two little beaches on the river banks where you can stop off and cool down along the way.
For more information on routes and bike services: rentals, workshops, shops and cycling friendly accommodation - APT Garda Trentino Tel. +39 0464 554444
Getting to northern lake Garda / Garda Trentino
Free parking in Torbole in the Busatte Park.
More Pay parking at the Panorama parking area, in Via Strada Granda or and along the lakefront Lungolago Conca d'Oro
Author’s map recommendations
- 21 Waypoints
- 21 Waypoints