Canazei - Soronch - Campitello
APT Val di Fassa Verified partner Explorers Choice
From the centre of Canazei, pass by the playground and go down "Strèda Roma" and turn left, nearby the football field, into "Strèda de Cercenà". Right before the bridge on the "Avisio" river, take the dirt road on the left that follows the course of the river. Follow it until you get to a wide meadow clearing called "Soronch". "Strèda del Ciuch" and the asphalt road further on, parallel to the dirt road, are more suitable to be walked with strollers. You follow the bank of the "Avisio" river for a long section. You will enter Campitello through "Strèda Veia" until you reach the centre of Campitello. Go back to Canazei along the track of the "Soreghes" walk.
Walking poles, suitable for strollers, suitable for families with children, walkable for toddler-carrier/backpack.
For your hikes in mountain always choose itineraries in accordance with your technical and physical abilities. Consult maps of the area to visit and check the best way to follow. If you walk in group including slower hikers, always calculate longer average times to cover the distances.
Preferably do not hike alone in mountain. Otherwise tell someone the itinerary that you are going to follow and let him know when you are back.
Check the weather forecast and, while hiking, constantly pay attention to the evolution of the weather.
If you do not feel safe, give up. In mountain, sometimes, it is better to surrender than to face the dangers deriving from bad weather conditions or from difficulties superior to one’s limits. In advance look for alternative itineraries to get back.
Bring rubbish back with you. Respect the flora and fauna. Remain on the marked tracks, avoiding to follow shortest ways, in order to avoid causing damages to vegetation and the territory. Respect local cultures andtraditions, always bearing in mind that you are a guest.
Tips and hints
Azienda per il Turismo della Val di Fassa
Strèda Roma, 36
38032 Canazei (TN)
Tel. +39 0462 609500
From the centre of Canazei, pass by the playground and go down "Strèda Roma" and turn left, nearby the football field, into "Strèda de Cercenà".
Go back along the same route or, once you have entered Campitello, go towards the Col Rodella cableway and follow the track of the "Sorèghes" walk, which leads to Canazei.
Regular bus service operated by the bus company Trentino Trasporti in Val di Fassa:
bus line n. 101 Canazei - Cavalese - Trento
bus line n. 104 Cavalese - Ora - Trento
bus line n. 123 Moena - San Pellegrino Pass - Falcade
Regular bus service operated by the bus company SAD in Val di Fassa:
bus line n. 180 Pozza di Fassa - Vigo di Fassa - Passo Carezza - Bolzano
bus line n. 471 Dolomites Passes (Sella Pass, Gardena Pass, Campolongo Pass, Pordoi Pass, Fedaia Pass). Only in summer
Main access points to Val di Fassa, coming from the A22, Modena-Brennero motorway:
- Ora / Egna exit, S.S. 48 delle Dolomiti - San Lugano Pass - Val di Fiemme - Val di Fassa (distance 45 km). At the roundabout in Moena, follow the direction of Canazei upwards;
- Bolzano Nord exit, S.S. 241 Grande Strada delle Dolomiti - Carezza Pass -Vigo di Fassa (distance 40 km). From Vigo follow direction Canazei upwards or the direction Soraga di Fassa and Moena downwards;
Other accesses to the Val di Fassa:
- from the A27 motorway (Venice), Belluno / Ponte nelle Alpi exit, then take S.S. 203 to Agordo and S.P. 346 to San Pellegrino Pass - Moena (Val di Fassa). At the roundabout in Moena, follow the direction of Canazei upwards;
- from the A27 motorway (Venice), exit Belluno / Ponte nelle Alpi, S.S. 203 to Agordo / Alleghe / Rocca Pietore first and S.P.641 to Fedaia Pass - Canazei;
- coming from Arabba, S.S.48 Pordoi Pass - Canazei;
- from Val Gardena, S.S.242 Passo Sella - Canazei.
Wear adequate clothing, footwear and equipment suitable for the length and grade of difficulty of trail to be taken. Always try to be self-sufficient and carry with you the necessary to face possible emergency situations and a first aid kit.
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Help others by being the first to add a review.
Photos from others