There are fountains, picnic areas and playgrounds for children along the whole walk.
Attention: the road is both cycling and pedestrian. Transit allowed both to bicycles/mountain bikes and pedestrians. It is recommended to keep the right-hand. All dogs must be kept on a leash.
For your hikes in mountain always choose itineraries in accordance with your technical and physical abilities. Consult maps of the area to visit and check the best way to follow. If you walk in group including slower hikers, always calculate longer average times to cover the distances.
Preferably do not hike alone in mountain. Otherwise tell someone the itinerary that you are going to follow and let him know when you are back.
Check the weather forecast and, while hiking, constantly pay attention to the evolution of the weather.
If you do not feel safe, give up. In mountain, sometimes, it is better to surrender than to face the dangers deriving from bad weather conditions or from difficulties superior to one’s limits. In advance look for alternative itineraries to get back.
Bring rubbish back with you. Respect the flora and fauna. Remain on the marked tracks, avoiding to follow shortest ways, in order to avoid causing damages to vegetation and the territory. Respect local cultures andtraditions, always bearing in mind that you are a guest.
Tips and hints
Azienda per il Turismo della Val di Fassa
Strèda Roma, 36
38032 Canazei (TN)
Tel. +39 0462 609500
Main access points to Val di Fassa, coming from the A22, Modena-Brennero motorway:
- Ora / Egna exit, S.S. 48 delle Dolomiti - San Lugano Pass - Val di Fiemme - Val di Fassa (distance 45 km). At the roundabout in Moena, follow the direction of Canazei upwards;
- Bolzano Nord exit, S.S. 241 Grande Strada delle Dolomiti - Carezza Pass -Vigo di Fassa (distance 40 km). From Vigo follow direction Canazei upwards or the direction Soraga di Fassa and Moena downwards;
Other accesses to the Val di Fassa:
- from the A27 motorway (Venice), Belluno / Ponte nelle Alpi exit, then take S.S. 203 to Agordo and S.P. 346 to San Pellegrino Pass - Moena (Val di Fassa). At the roundabout in Moena, follow the direction of Canazei upwards;
- from the A27 motorway (Venice), exit Belluno / Ponte nelle Alpi, S.S. 203 to Agordo / Alleghe / Rocca Pietore first and S.P.641 to Fedaia Pass - Canazei;
- coming from Arabba, S.S.48 Pordoi Pass - Canazei;
- from Val Gardena, S.S.242 Passo Sella - Canazei.