Hike to Rifugio Caldenave Claudio e Renzo
APT Valsugana e Lagorai Verified partner Explorers Choice
Safety information1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose a route that is suitable for your skill level
3) Choose suitable equipment and gear
4) Consult the snow/weather bulletins
5) Heading out on your own is more risky
6) Leave information on your itinerary and on the approximate time you expect to return
7) Do not hesitate to seek the support of a professional
8) Pay attention to the information and signs that you find along the trail
9) Do not hesitate to follow your steps backwards
10) In case of an accident, sound the alarm by calling the emergency number 112.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
At the Ponte Rio Caserine (1335m), you take the forest road that climbs up, with signs for trail 332 towards Rifugio Caldenave. When you reach Tedon locality, the road becomes a mule track, which climbs along the Rio Caserine. You continue to follow the marks for trail 332, and climb through Ponte Campivelo locality (1500 m) and Ponte Caldenave at 1750 m asl.
Here, the vegetation thins out, and allows you to walk the last few metres of the climb in a panoramic and picturesque environment. At an elevation of 1792 m, you reach the mountain hut.
To return, you follow the same route backwards.
Getting thereWith road SS47 della Valsugana to Castelnuovo. You then follow the directions for rifugio Crucolo, passing through Scurelle and Spera. You continue beyond rifugio Crucolo and reach the vicinity of Rifugio Carlettini. You park at the mountain hut or just before it.
ParkingPonte Rio Caserine (1335m)
EquipmentHiking boots/shoes, windbreaker, a change of clothes. Telescopic hiking sticks are useful.
- 1 Waypoints
- 1 Waypoints
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Help others by being the first to add a review.
Photos from others