"Busa dei Capitani" got its name from the two bas relief busts found inside the ruins of a military building. It proved impossible to tell who they were supposed to represent until a local historian identified Emperor Franz Josef and his successor to the throne Archduke Karl of Habsburg. The Archduke was a frequent visitor to the Trento front as Commander of the Armed Forces and a signature on one of the busts is most likely really his.
Rest stopsAl Fortino Bike Bar & Food
Safety informationThe information on this chart is subject to inevitable variations, so this means that none of the indications are absolute. It is not entirely possible to avoid giving inexact or imprecise information, given how quickly environmental and weather conditions can change. For this reason we decline any responsibility for changes which the user may encounter. In any case, the hiker is advised to check the conditions of the places, environment and weather before setting out.
Tips and hints
- The entire Monte Corno area has been the focus of a restoration project carried out by the association "Un territorio due fronti" (“One territory two fronts”), which unites over 25 volunteer groups and deals with relics of the Great War in the municipalities of Mori, Brentonico, Ronzo-Chienis and Nago-Torbole.
- Click here for further information on routes, activities, events and accommodation at lake Garda: APT Garda Trentino, Tel. +39 0464 554444
Getting to northern lake Garda / Garda Trentino
ParkingThe car park “al Coel” in Nago, which is accessed from the roundabout, or in Via Castel Penede.
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentYou need to be wearing the right clothing and take the proper gear when you go hiking in the mountains. Even on relatively short easy outings make sure to take all you need so you don't run into trouble if things take an unexpected turn, for example a storm blows up or you have a sudden drop in energy levels.
What should you take when you go on a hike?
What you should have in your rucksack (for a day trip a 25/30L capacity should do):
- water canteen (1L)
- snacks (e.g. mixed dried fruit or chocolate)
- First aid kit
- windproof jacket
- change of t-shirt and socks (in a plastic bag)
- make sure to wear or at least bring a pair of long trousers
- sun screen
- whistle to attract attention in an emergency
Emergency telephone number Mountain Rescue 112
Make sure you're wearing the right footwear for the trail and season. The going can get rough and rocky underfoot and a pair of hiking boots will protect you from sprains.
When wet, a grassy slope, rocky slab or steep trail can be dangerous unless you are wearing the proper footwear.
And finally... ... don't forget to bring your camera! You'll need it to capture the stunning views you come across all over Garda Trentino. And if you like, you can share your memories with us at #GardaTrentino.
- 1 Waypoints
- 1 Waypoints