A short loop within everyone’s capabilities, in the quiet area of Lake Cavedine, up to Monte Taglio di Sarca. This is an itinerary that is never demanding.
With a length of 9km and just over 100 meters altitude difference, the route is suitable for everyone. And if desired you can always make it longer by connecting it with route number 753. In this case, it is advised to start with 753, then continue on to 754 where their two paths meet.
From a technical point of view, the route develops largely on secondary roads and cycle paths: a mostly traffic free experience being one of the benefits. The final part of the gravel road, which leads from Monte Taglio di Sarca to the lake, does not present any particular technical difficulties. In fact, the only real challenging parts can be found when ascending on the sometimes rather pronounced and unstable terrain.
Rest stopsMarocche di Dro
BIKER’S CODE OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Plan your ride
- Share the trail with other users
- Yield right of way to hikers
- Let your speed be determined by your experience
- Ride slowly on crowded trails, overtake with politeness and respect
- Cycle only on authorized and open trails
- Avoid muddy trails in order not to damage them further
- Respect nature, plants, animals and the trail
- Do not frighten animals
- Take your rubbish home with you
- Respect public and private property
- Always be selfsufficient
- Do not cycle solo in remote areas
- Take back home only good pics
ALWAYS WEAR YOUR HELMET !
Suggestions taken from NORBA and IMBA codes of conduct.
The information on this chart is subject to inevitable variations, so this means that none of the indications are absolute. It is not entirely possible to avoid giving inexact or imprecise information, given how quickly environmental and weather conditions can change. For this reason we decline any responsibility for changes which the user may encounter. In any case, the hiker is advised to check the conditions of the places, environment and weather before setting out.
Tips and hints
- This is an official route of the Garda Trentino Provincial Network of MTB routes, regularly maintained and accompanied by specific signage.
For more information on routes and bike services: rentals, workshops, shops and cycling friendly accommodation - APT Garda Trentino Tel. +39 0464 554444
- The texts relating to the route described in this sheet have been produced by Marco Giacomello, mountain bike guide.
Getting to northern Lake Garda / Garda Trentino
ParkingFree parking space in the small harbor on Lake Cavedine.
Author’s map recommendations
Riding your bike requires specific clothing and equipment, even for relatively short and easy trips. It is always better to be prepared… e.g. for bad weather or a drop your energy levels. The unexpected things also make up a part of the fun!
Remember to throughly evaluate the type of route you plan to do, the locations you plan to cross and the current season. Has it been raining? Attention: The paths may be slippery and require more caution.
What do I need to bring on my bike tour?
- An adequate water supply according to your needs (considering temperature, possibility of refuelling and duration of the route)
- Plenty of snacks (for example, dried fruit or energy bars)
- Waterproof / Windproof jacket.
- A spare top / spare socks. (Descending in a sweaty garment, will make you cold)
- Bike gloves/mitts
- Map or GPS device
- Bike lights: best placed on your helmet or handlebars. (It is always best to be prepared)
- Bike repair kit for punctures and mechanical breakdowns
- First aid kit
- Emergency whistle
It is always advised to let someone know where you plan to go and how long you expect to be.
Emergency telephone number 112
- 1 Waypoints
- 1 Waypoints