4 territories, 218 km, 10,000 ascent: this is the Mountain & Garda Bike loop, a unique route between Lake Garda, Valle di Ledro, Monte Bondone and Brentonico.
A two wheel journey from rock to water
A loop of more than 200 km with 10 thousand metres of difference in height, hundreds of kilometers of mapped side trails (that is further mtb routes) through landscapes and views either familiar or yet to be discovered. All of this in one of the most beautiful region of Italy.
Mountain & Garda Bike: a ceaseless ride among rocky peaks and stretches of water, challenging hills and easy trails, discovering the beauty of Garda Trentino, Tremalzo and Valle di Ledro, Monte Bondone and Valle dei Laghi, Monte Baldo.
We are working for you!
We are currently working on maintenance and signposting on this trail. While work is under way, we might find better variants: for this reason there might be slight difference between the trail description and the actual itinerary. We will fix this as soon as we finish the work. We are currently revising description and details of the tour as well. Thanks for your patience!
Rest StopBOCCA DI TRAT "NINO PERNICI"
MONTE CALINO "SAN PIETRO"
Malga Zanga Restaurant
Rifugio Capanna Grassi
Rifugio Malga San Giovanni
BIKER’S CODE OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Plan your ride
- Share the trail with other users
- Yield right of way to hikers
- Let your speed be determined by your experience
- Ride slowly on crowded trails, overtake with politeness and respect
- Cycle only on authorized and open trails
- Avoid muddy trails in order not to damage them further
- Respect nature, plants, animals and the trail
- Do not frighten animals
- Take your rubbish home with you
- Respect public and private property
- Always be selfsufficient
- Do not cycle solo in remote areas
- Take back home only good pics
ALWAYS WEAR YOUR HELMET !
Suggestions taken from NORBA and IMBA codes of conduct.
The information on this chart is subject to inevitable variations, so this means that none of the indications are absolute. It is not entirely possible to avoid giving inexact or imprecise information, given how quickly environmental and weather conditions can change. For this reason we decline any responsibility for changes which the user may encounter. In any case, the hiker is advised to check the conditions of the places, environment and weather before setting out.
Tips and hints
- This is an official route of the Garda Trentino Provincial Network of MTB routes, regularly maintained and accompanied by specific signage.
For more information on routes and bike services: rentals, workshops, shops and cycling friendly accommodation - APT Garda Trentino Tel. +39 0464 554444
Getting to northern lake Garda / Garda Trentino
Free parking in Riva del Garda at the old hospital (via Rosmini) and the old cemetery (Viale D. Chiesa).
Pay parking at the Public Gardens Porta Orientale, Roman Baths, Viale Lutti (Ex Agraria), Monte Oro, shopping center Blue Garden.
Author’s map recommendations
Riding your bike requires specific clothing and equipment, even for relatively short and easy trips. It is always better to be prepared… e.g. for bad weather or a drop your energy levels. The unexpected things also make up a part of the fun!
Remember to throughly evaluate the type of route you plan to do, the locations you plan to cross and the current season. Has it been raining? Attention: The paths may be slippery and require more caution.
What do I need to bring on my bike tour?
- An adequate water supply according to your needs (considering temperature, possibility of refuelling and duration of the route)
- Plenty of snacks (for example, dried fruit or energy bars)
- Waterproof / Windproof jacket.
- A spare top / spare socks. (Descending in a sweaty garment, will make you cold)
- Bike gloves/mitts
- Map or GPS device
- Bike lights: best placed on your helmet or handlebars. (It is always best to be prepared)
- Bike repair kit for punctures and mechanical breakdowns
- First aid kit
- Emergency whistle
It is always advised to let someone know where you plan to go and how long you expect to be.
Emergency telephone number 112