Fiemme and Fassa Dolomites cycling route
APT Val di Fassa Verified partner Explorers Choice
Pista ciclopedonale delle Dolomiti ©Archivio APT Val di FassaPhoto: C.C. Azienda per il Turismo della Val di Fassa, APT Val di Fassa
The section from Canazei to Fontanazzo (Mazzin) is an unpaved track and is recommended only for mountain bikes.
From May to October there is a shuttle service which brings you back from Molina to Canazei (Fassa & Fiemme Bike Express).
There are fountains, picnic areas and playgrounds for children along the whole path.
- Plan your tour according to your skills and the weather.
- Go slowly, be careful, enjoy the view and the silence.
- Adapt your riding to the characteristics and conditions of the ground.
- Wear suitable clothes and equipment.
- Respect the environment around you.
- If you meet pedestrians, warn them of your approach and reduce your speed.
Tips and hintsTourist Board Val di Fassa
Strèda Roma, 36
38032 Canazei (TN)
Phone +39 0462 609500
You can subdivide the itinerary in several legs. During the summer a bike-transport service is active from Molina to Canazei. There are fountains, picnic areas and playgrounds for children along the whole path.
Public transportPublic transport lines Trentino Trasporti - Val di Fassa:
- line no. 101 Canazei - Cavalese - Trento
- line no. 104 Cavalese - Ora - Trento
- line no. 123 Moena - San Pellegrino Pass - Falcade
Public transport lines SAD - Val di Fassa:
- line no. 180 Vigo di Fassa - Carezza Pass - Bolzano
- line no. 471 Dolomites passes (Sella Pass, Gardena Pass, Campolongo Pass, Pordoi Pass, Fedaia Pass). Service available in summer only
Getting thereMain access points to the valley coming from A22 Modena-Brennero motorway:
- exit Ora/Egna, S.S. 48 delle Dolomiti - San Lugano Pass - Val di Fiemme - Val di Fassa (distance 45 km). At the roundabout in Moena (industrial area), proceed towards Canazei
- exit Bolzano Nord, S.S. 241 Grande Strada delle Dolomiti - Carezza Pass - Vigo di Fassa (distance 40 km). From Vigo, head north for Canazei, head south for Soraga di Fassa and Moena
Other access points to Val di Fassa:
- from A27 motorway (Venezia), exit Belluno/Ponte nelle Alpi, S.S. 203 to Agordo and S.P. 346 to San Pellegrino Pass - Moena (Val di Fassa). At the roundabout in Moena, proceed towards Canazei
- from A27 motorway (Venezia), exit Belluno/Ponte nelle Alpi, S.S. 203 to Agordo/Alleghe/Rocca Pietore. S.P. 641 to Fedaia Pass - Canazei
- coming from Arabba, S.S. 48 to Pordoi Pass - Canazei
- from Val Gardena, S.S. 242 to Sella Pass - Canazei
ParkingThis tour let you ride all the Val di Fassa long, in its entire length, along the Marcialonga’s route. The itinerary starts from Canazei, but you can enter the path from any points along the valley.
Book recommendation by the author
EquipmentWear adequate clothing, footwear and equipment suitable for the length and grade of difficulty of trail to be taken. Always try to be self-sufficient and carry with you the necessary to face possible emergency situations and a first aid kit.
Ideal route for: mountain bike, e-MTB, e-bike and road bike (only in the section between Fontanazzo and Molina di Fiemme).
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Help others by being the first to add a review.
Photos from others