A pretty easy tour of 8.5 km and 200 m difference in level. It starts on the cycle path and then climbs, surrounded by olive trees, along secondary asphalt roads.
The slope is gradually increasing to even reach 30%, ideal therefore to appreciate the assistance of engines, but remember, to avoid unpleasant breakdowns in transmission, be prepared with not hard gears. The descent is on an old unpaved road, which crosses the main road to Lake Tenno in several places.
Pay close attention during the descent to the various crossings of the main road.
Don't miss the Bike Festival, the biggest MTB show in Europe, with expo area, events and much more! Info & update available here.
BIKER’S CODE OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Plan your ride
- Share the trail with other users
- Yield right of way to hikers
- Let your speed be determined by your experience
- Ride slowly on crowded trails, overtake with politeness and respect
- Cycle only on authorized and open trails
- Avoid muddy trails in order not to damage them further
- Respect nature, plants, animals and the trail
- Do not frighten animals
- Take your rubbish home with you
- Respect public and private property
- Always be selfsufficient
- Do not cycle solo in remote areas
- Take back home only good pics
ALWAYS WEAR YOUR HELMET !
Suggestions taken from NORBA and IMBA codes of conduct.
The information on this chart is subject to inevitable variations, so this means that none of the indications are absolute. It is not entirely possible to avoid giving inexact or imprecise information, given how quickly environmental and weather conditions can change. For this reason we decline any responsibility for changes which the user may encounter. In any case, the hiker is advised to check the conditions of the places, environment and weather before setting out.
Tips and hints
For more information on routes and bike services: rentals, workshops, shops and cycling friendly accommodation - APT Garda Trentino Tel. +39 0464 554444
Getting to northern lake Garda / Garda Trentino
Free parking in Riva del Garda at the old hospital (via Rosmini) and the old cemetery (Viale D. Chiesa).
Pay parking at the Public Gardens Porta Orientale, Roman Baths, Viale Lutti (Ex Agraria), Monte Oro, shopping center Blue Garden
Author’s map recommendations
Riding your bike requires specific clothing and equipment, even for relatively short and easy trips. It is always better to be prepared… e.g. for bad weather or a drop your energy levels. The unexpected things also make up a part of the fun!
Remember to throughly evaluate the type of route you plan to do, the locations you plan to cross and the current season. Has it been raining? Attention: The paths may be slippery and require more caution.
What do I need to bring on my bike tour?
- An adequate water supply according to your needs (considering temperature, possibility of refuelling and duration of the route)
- Plenty of snacks (for example, dried fruit or energy bars)
- Waterproof / Windproof jacket.
- A spare top / spare socks. (Descending in a sweaty garment, will make you cold)
- Bike gloves/mitts
- Map or GPS device
- Bike lights: best placed on your helmet or handlebars. (It is always best to be prepared)
- Bike repair kit for punctures and mechanical breakdowns
- First aid kit
- Emergency whistle
It is always advised to let someone know where you plan to go and how long you expect to be.
Emergency telephone number 112