At Pordoi Pass, first stop by Fausto Coppi’s memorial, reminding the legendary ventures of this champion. At the inauguration in July 2000 took part the daughter Marina and Coppi’s three gregarious, Ettore Milano, Franco Giacchero and Michele Gismondi. Second stop by Gilberto Simoni’s Wilier Triestina Cento1, embedded since 2011 in a rock-and-steel monument. This is the very same bike the rider from Trentino entered the Arena of Verona with, at the end of his last Giro d’Italia, in 2010.
Climb of Giro d’Italia from Canazei to Fedaia Pass: average gradient 4,5%, with maximum peaks of 11%, hairpin turns: 5. First refreshment points at Pian Trevisan and Fedaia Pass.
Descent from Pordoi Pass to Canazei: average gradient 6,7%, with maximum peaks of 10%, hairpin turns: 27. Refreshment points in Val di Fassa at Passo Pordoi, Pecol, Pian de Frataces. E-bike charging station and kit for minor repairs by the valley station of Pordoi cable car.
- Plan a tour based on your skills and on the weather.
- Proceed slowly, especially downhill, enjoy the view and the silence.
- Adapt your speed, especially in turns, to the conditions of the ground.
- Rely on the bike guides.
- Wear adequate clothing and equipment.
- Respect the environment surrounding you and bring your waste back.
- Follow the rules of the road.
- Be careful on the cycling and walking route.
- Help those who need it.
- If you come across pedestrians, warn them of your approach and slow down.
Tips and hintsAzienda per il Turismo della Val di Fassa
Strèda Roma, 36
38032 Canazei (TN)
Phone +39 0462 609500
Getting thereMain access points to the valley coming from A22 Modena-Brennero motorway:
- exit Ora/Egna, S.S. 48 delle Dolomiti - San Lugano Pass - Val di Fiemme - Val di Fassa (distance 45 km). At the roundabout in Moena (industrial area), proceed towards Canazei
- exit Bolzano Nord, S.S. 241 Grande Strada delle Dolomiti - Carezza Pass - Vigo di Fassa (distance 40 km). From Vigo, head north for Canazei, head south for Soraga di Fassa and Moena
Other access points to Val di Fassa:
- from A27 motorway (Venezia), exit Belluno/Ponte nelle Alpi, S.S. 203 to Agordo and S.P. 346 to San Pellegrino Pass - Moena (Val di Fassa). At the roundabout in Moena, proceed towards Canazei
- from A27 motorway (Venezia), exit Belluno/Ponte nelle Alpi, S.S. 203 to Agordo/Alleghe/Rocca Pietore. S.P. 641 to Fedaia Pass - Canazei
- coming from Arabba, S.S. 48 to Pordoi Pass - Canazei
- from Val Gardena, S.S. 242 to Sella Pass - Canazei