The short ascent along the path "delle creste” (of crests) is very steep and exposed in places, but offers unforgettable views of Lake Garda and Mount Baldo, and at Punta Larici the views extend as far as the Brescian side of the lake. One last burst of energy is needed towards Passo Rocchetta, reached via a demanding climb from Malga Palaer, but it is rewarded with another spectacular viewpoint.
On the way back, we take a different route, more manageable but still with views of the lake, alternating with stretches in the holm oak forest. At Pregasina we can take a break to admire the scenery or head straight down to Riva, running along the Ponale trail until we reach Riva del Garda.
Water points: fountains in Riva and Pregasina (make sure to fill up on water here in spring-summer and avoid the hottest hours of the day); in Malga Palaer there is a small spring (sometimes dry in summer)
Rest StopHotel Restaurant Panorama
Ponale Alto Belvedere
Ristorante Pizzeria RivaMia
Safety informationThe information on this chart is subject to inevitable variations, so this means that none of the indications are absolute. It is not entirely possible to avoid giving inexact or imprecise information, given how quickly environmental and weather conditions can change. For this reason, we decline any responsibility for changes which the user may encounter. In any case, the hiker is advised to check the conditions of the places, environment and weather before setting out.
Tips and hintsFor more information on routes and services: guides, shops and outdoor friendly friendly accommodation: APT Garda Trentino, Tel. +39 0464 554444 www.gardatrentino.it
Getting thereGetting to northern lake Garda / Garda Trentino: www.gardatrentino.it
ParkingFree parking in Riva del Garda at the old hospital (via Rosmini) and the old cemetery (Viale D. Chiesa).
Pay parking at the Public Gardens Porta Orientale, Roman Baths, Viale Lutti (Ex Agraria), Monte Oro, shopping center Blue Garden.
Author’s map recommendations
Basic Equipment for Trail Running
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Comfortable running shoes
- Trail running socks
- Vest pack
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Kit para bolhas
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.