From Varone, two steep and enjoyable climbs (the Gola and Salt paths) take you first to the village of Calvola and then to the medieval village of Canale, which you cross passing the characteristic "faces" of the old trades. When you reach Lake Tenno, you first walk along the lake from above and then along its perimeter, admiring its colours (spectacular in autumn). From Ville del Monte, we return to Tenno, descending along a stretch of the "Molini" path, an ancient crossing of the Magnus River. the ancient crossing of the Magnone stream, then taking the diversions on the left that quickly leads to Tenno, through countryside and vineyards. From Tenno you enter the walls of the historic village of Frapporta, admiring the view of the upper lake and the BUSA (Riva-Arco) from the panoramic point of Il GROM and then descending towards Deva along the path that passes in front of the beautiful little church of San Lorenzo. From Deva, an express descent along Via Roncaglie.
Rest StopCanale di Tenno medieval village
Acetaia del Balsamico Trentino
Ristorante Antica Croce
Ristorante Pizzeria Cristina
Safety informationThe information on this chart is subject to inevitable variations, so this means that none of the indications are absolute. It is not entirely possible to avoid giving inexact or imprecise information, given how quickly environmental and weather conditions can change. For this reason, we decline any responsibility for changes which the user may encounter. In any case, the hiker is advised to check the conditions of the places, environment and weather before setting out.
Tips and hintsFor more information on routes and services: guides, shops and outdoor friendly friendly accommodation: APT Garda Trentino, Tel. +39 0464 554444 www.gardatrentino.it
Getting thereGetting to northern lake Garda / Garda Trentino: www.gardatrentino.it
ParkingParking space at the beginning of the trail
Author’s map recommendations
Basic Equipment for Trail Running
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Comfortable running shoes
- Trail running socks
- Vest pack
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Kit para bolhas
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.